Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and we are celebrating by crafting up Nicole’s perfect spicy(ish) orange margarita! The key here is to use freshly squeezed citrus. The crisp and zesty flavors will be beautifully complemented by the subtle sweetness of the chile infused simple syrup, and bright notes of Valencia Orange found in the 21 Seeds tequila. If you like things SUPER spicy, turn up the heat by rimming the glass with chile salt prior to sipping. Cheers!
Nicole’s Spicy(ish) Orange Margarita
- 1.5 oz 21 Seeds Valencia Orange Tequila
- 1/2 oz Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz Chile Infused Simple Syrup
- Chile Salt or Salt (optional, rim)
- Orange Wheel + Dried Flowers (optional, garnish)
- If you are using chile salt or salt on the rim, first run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and then swirl in desired spice. Skip this step if you are not rimming the glass.
- Add all ingredients to your cocktail shaker and shake. Strain over fresh ice. Garnish with a orange wheel, edible flowers, or a lime and enjoy!
- To make the chile infused simple syrup: add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 sugar to a saucepan and bring to simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in 4-5 dried chile peppers, pressing down a few times to release the seeds, and allow to cool for one hour. Take out the chiles and store in a glass container.
GRAN GALA LIQUEUR 50ML$1.49
Bormioli Rocco Cassiopea Rocks Glass$11.99
21 SEEDS VALENCIA ORANGE TEQUILA$34.99
FEVER TREE CLUB SODA 4PK$5.99
CLASSIC ROCKS GLASS$4.99
COINTREAU LIQUEUR 750ML$39.99
Click here to shop all 21 Seeds tequila and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for more exciting cocktail recipes!