You’re halfway done with Dry January – it’s time to spice things up! The star of the show in this mocktail is Clean Co. Tequila Alternative. It mirrors the nuances of a traditional blanco tequila – showing flavors of agave, oak, citrus and pepper.
With the addition of fresh jalapeño, lime juice, and a secret ingredient (keep reading to see what it is) you’ll have a classic spicy margarita, with zero the alcohol, ready to sip!
Non-Alcoholic Spicy Margarita
- 2 oz clean co. tequila alternative
- 1.5 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2-4 rings jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 oz orange simple syrup
- optional: sugar, salt, or cayenne pepper rim
- optional: lime wedge (garnish)
- If you are doing a rim – rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass, and dip/swirl in salt, sugar, or cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Muddle the jalapeños, lime juice, clean co. tequila alternative, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into your chilled glass and garnish with a lime wedge!
- To make orange simple syrup – add 1 cup sugar or honey and 1 cup water into a sauce pan and bring to boil. Once dissolved, remove from heat and stir in freshly sliced oranges. Wait to cool and strain into a glass jar. Store in the refrigerator.