Guinness Braised Steak Tips
- 2 pounds steak tips or short rib
- 1 heavy drizzle olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16 ounce can guinness beer
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can black beans
- sour cream (garnish)
- red onion (garnish)
- jalapeno (garnish)
- Add olive oil and steak into a large pot on medium heat. Season with herbs and and sear for about 5-10 minutes.
- While steak is still rare, and just beginning to really brown, add in taco seasoning and stir!
- Pour in Guinness beer and allow it to simmer and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid reduces by about 1/3, toss in onion and garlic.
- Pour in beef stock, stir, and cook uncovered on medium heat for about 45 minutes – allowing it to thicken!
- Once it's thickened, add in tomato paste and black beans. Stir, stir, stir!
- Plate, and top with sour cream, red onion, and jalapeno. Enjoy!
Try pairing it with:
ALTOSUR MALBEC ORGANIC$12.99
WEST CORK BOURBON BARREL 750ML$26.99
WEST CORK BARREL PROOF 750ML$49.99
GUINNESS DRAUGHT 4PK CAN$8.99
ALTOSUR CABERNET SAUVIGNON ORGANIC$12.99