We are loving this chic + citrusy cocktail for Saint Patrick’s Day festivities! The lemon, ginger and honey flavors complement the whiskey beautifully. Rather than weigh down the drink with Bailey’s, the addition of egg white (or aquafaba) mirrors the creaminess, and allows the crisp notes of spice and citrus to shine through.
Pot of Gold Cocktail
- 2 oz Irish whiskey
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 oz ginger honey simple syrup
- 1 egg white or 2 tbsp aquafaba
- edible gold leaf or sprinkles (garnish)
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker without ice and shake vigorously. Once it begins to have a layer of foam, add in ice, and shake some more. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with edible gold leaf or gold sprinkles.
- To make the ginger honey simple syrup: add 1/4 cup honey, 1 tbsp. minced ginger, and 1/3 cup water to a saucepan and bring to boil. Once everything is dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool for one hour. *Pro-tip: If you don’t love an egg white cocktail, use the liquid from a can of chickpeas (aka aquafaba) to yield a similar results. 2 tbsp of aquafaba = 1 egg white.
GATSBY COUPE GLASS VISKI$34.99
BORMIOLI COUPE GLASS$16.99
THE BUSKER IRISH BLEND 750ML$24.99
JAMESONS IRISH WHISKEY 750ML$35.99
WRITER’S TEARS IRISH WHISKEY 750ML$48.99